Skip to main content

Anikka

Majestic were the mountains of Kashmir.. The weather had got harsher this winter.Cold wind blew right through the ears and tickled the life out of you.A lean girl struggled with her baggy clothes.She pulled them closer to get more warmth.
Anikka!
Anikka had forgotten what she was called, for she had traveled longer than she knew.She was alone in her life, and travel and tourist were her friends.This time she wanted to explore the ice caves of Himalayas. Anikka stepped into the cold ice.Cold traveled quickly through her spine.She chose the most lonely cave,maybe it reflected her.The beauty marveled her.The foggy sunlight crept through tiny holes of the ice cave, which made the ice sparkle like diamonds.At that very moment she felt satisfaction for the journey she made.She wanted to freeze the moment in her memories forever.The cave got larger as she explored, and darker at times.Ice caves exploration is one of the most dangerous tourist activities in the world.A tiny slip and loose of focus could kill you.Only the brave hearts dared to explore the inhumane ice caves of the world.
She felt that it was enough for the day, as the the sun was starting to set in the woods.It was time for her to relax.She decided her return journey back to surface.As she made her way towards the exit,her ice-axe got stuck deep into a block of ice.Her hands were too frozen to pull it back,she didn't  have the energy either.It got colder and darker as the time passed.She decided to leave it,but It was far too worth to leave.
After battling through her Noes and yes,she made her decision and pulled it with all her strength.She slipped and hit her head on an ice rock and she collapsed.She was bleeding,her eyes closed slowly as the sun set.
She was dreaming.It was a beautiful day.Sun was shining so bright, that it hooded the person standing in front of her.She could hear laughter and bells ringing far from a place.As she took her step forward, towards that person, a smile crawled into her face.She didn't remember being so Happy before.That person hugged her and called her out Anikkaa...
She woke up to the loud voice "Anikkaa". Her head felt heavy.The tourist rescue group was there.They kept track of people who explored the caves and made sure of their safe return.She had lost a considerable amount of blood.They made her sit and gave her first aid.They also offered her chocolates.It warmed her up.Together they made their way out of the caves.
The team celebrated yet another rescue,saving life had become a habit to them.As Anikka stood up to thank them, they gave her a basket full of strawberries and her ice-axe. The rescue team followed a tradition of appreciating the daring ones,they celebrated the "Fall". This made Anikka's day.She smiled looking at her ice-axe, touching lightly on the fading etched words at the shaft, "Keep her safe".
She slowly made her way to the civilization,to the warm cottages of Kashmir valley.She longed for the silence of the caves where she was at peace.Local People had gathered around a huge fire.The cold around and warmth within the circle made them happy.They happily chit chattered about their cold nights and drank hot coffee in mud cups.
Anikka walked to an inn.It was small and neatly arranged,the warm beds were comforting and all she wanted was to dive into it and never ever wake up.She was tired, the wound on her head hurt for the cold outside.She fell asleep sooner than she thought.The night just got colder..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covid 19 : My Journey - Part 1

 11 August 2020 Tired of my dad's uninterrupted coughing for over a week,  I finally managed to convince both my Mom & Dad to go to the hospital. My dad asked me to check on viral fever clinics, I nonchalantly said, 'there is no such thing as a viral fever clinic, but there are hospitals and we should be heading towards that'! [Young blood, too adamant to even listen to a piece of advice] Then I googled, and he was right, just that it wasn't being called a 'Viral fever clinic', but BBMP fever clinic and apparently they take up COVID test for free. I was embarrassed for opposing to my dad, but then I quickly found the nearest center, and we headed towards that. Leaving the house after being locked down forever was refreshing, and I could see some color in my dad and mom too. We reached the Hosahalli Ufwc Uphc [Upper Primary health care ]. There wasn't much of a crowd. But there were some people waiting to get tested. We waited in the queue, and we were as

Covid 19 : My Journey - The Finale

I received mixed reactions when I informed my situation to the extended friend circle. Some were not convinced and pushed me to go for a retest. Some criticized the doctors and hospital for covid deaths of their close friends. Some were thankful to me for sharing my experiences. Either way, I felt there is a huge lack of awareness and that's what motivated me to write this series. Hoping that it reaches further and helps some confused soul like me on my day 1. There are definitely some pros and cons on home quarantine vs hospital. It's up to us to weigh it out and balance it and take a judicial decision considering our well being. Also, tomorrow is the day I can officially tear out the poster stuck outside my house. There is light after all at the end of the tunnel. P.S: Please don't carry your work to the hospital. Leave it at home. It's an opportunity to rejuvenate yourself. Take it gladly and go ahead. After Care: 1. Make sure you sanitize your residence well. 2. Was

Covid 19 : My Journey - Part 2

Gently absorbing what we had just heard, I picked my phone to inform my team-lead about the reports. He gave me words of assurance. When someone repeatedly says not to worry, the fact is that they are panicking more than you. I called my sister to inform her that her whole family is tested COVID positive. I could sense that she was scared and crying a bit. My sister is really strong, she never cries.  My dad made a couple of calls to inform the near ones. His voice was croaking by now with all that coughing. He was tired. BBMP had informed us that they will give us a second call by the next day. We had lost all the hope by now. My mom wasn't ready to believe it at all, and arguments broke frequently if BBMP faked the tests, with counter-arguments on what benefit will they get on faking the tests. My mom is a huge fan of TV9 (local news channel), so she was gathering the inputs from there. As suggested by the lady doctor, we took our medicines promptly now with more seriousness and